Thursday, November 4, 2010

Suicide

I thought this presentation brought a lot of attention to me about suicide. To be honest it something that I never really ever thought about. To me, the most important thing of the whole presentation was all the statistics and facts she gave us on suicide. Several stood out to me, such as 80% of people think about suicide at one point in their lifetime. This clearly shows that this is something that crosses majority of people's minds and is a topic people should be aware of and know about. Also I found it amazing that at any given time 5% of people are considering suicide. Finally, the fact that our age group 18-25 has the most suicides out of any other group. With all these facts I find it extremely important that we all be conscious of suicides and everything that comes along with it. I think we should all know how to spot a suicidal person, and how to respond to it and what to do. Her presentation had a lot of helpful information in all of these areas. Overall I thought it was a great presentation on something we should all know and acknowledge as something that is prevalent in our societies. However, do to the fact that is was so full with information it got to be a little much. At the same time this is a subject that should to covered to the fullest so I guess there is just no way to shorten or sweeten it. Besides this is information that will never go bad and you never know maybe some day one of us will be able to put it to use. Hopefully not on ourselves but instead to help someone else in a time of need.

1 comment:

  1. I to thought that the facts were really beneficial to her presentation because they made a shocking point about suicide. I know for me personally, it definitely made me more aware about suicide and focused on the rest of the presentation and learning more information.

    ReplyDelete