Thursday, October 21, 2010

Copycat "The Goonies"

 When I was way younger my friends and I watched the movie, "The Goonies." After, we all fell in love with this movie. I cannot even try to tell you how many times we watched it. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, a quick over view is that these groups of friends and their families are about to get evicted from their houses for an expansion of a nearby country club because they do not have enough money to stay. The kids take matters into their own hands when they find a Spanish treasure map in the attic. They follow the map through these caves to a old hidden pirate ship of One-Eyed Willie. Of course along the way there is all kinds of events, including the whole time they are being chased by the Fratellis, which was a criminal family. Basically that's the movie, it may seem bad but still to this day I love it and it one of my favorites. Anyone who hasn't seen it needs to ASAP! Finally one day after the probably 50th time watching the movie my friends and I come to a conclusion that if we follow the creek behind all of our houses we too we find a hidden treasure. No we weren't in desperate need of money like the Goonies but we wanted to treasure hunt. Keep in mind we are very young and our imaginations are on high. So we embrace on this journey. We left early in the morning, and stayed out all day long until after night fall, when we were found by our frantic parents miles away. Needless to say we all got grounded for quite some time because we told no one of our plans, and never checked in. Hiking that creek for miles we never reached a treasure, but had a blast doing it and would do it again looking back. We got our inspiration from the movie because they made treasure hunting look like an awesome time with your friends. My friends and I definitely had the time of our lives, even though we paid for it later. If only back then we as kids had cell phones like we do now this all could of been avoided, we could of called and checked in.

2 comments:

  1. This is a movie made for my generation. We were kids when it was out and I got to see it at the movies. We all loved it, of course, and I wanted to go off on adventures like they had...unfortunately, I'm still waiting for that to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I was deprived as a child. I didn't see this movie until high school. I love it now. If it is on TV I am locked in not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete